Clay Pot Chicken Mushroom Stew. This delicious chicken and mushroom clay pot recipe are excellent for lunch or dinner for the whole family. It all comes perfectly together in a matter of minutes.
I was recently informed that I should provide more cuisine that can be served on a regular basis, such as those that are more common in the home.
The truth is, I cook and consume most of my meals at home with simple, ordinary ingredients. Most of the recipes I provide on my site are simple, daily foods that you’ll want to prepare again and again. Today, clay pot chicken with mushroom will be the main character.
I had no idea why it’s taken me so long to publish this fantastic recipe, but I’m going to bet that it has something to do with the fact that it doesn’t look particularly inviting.
In any case, I use my clay pot weekly during the winter, and it’s one of my favorite kitchen utensils, because cooking something in this pot is enough to make me crave it.
Chicken in a clay pot with mushrooms can be served in several ways. Try adding carrots, daikon, onion, or even Cantonese lap cheong (sausage) to liven up this simple dish. Nonetheless, the sauce is fantastic with a soft, fluffy steamed rice plate.
There are just 387 calories in one serving of this meal.
- 340 g of bite-sized cubes skinless and boneless chicken breast or thigh
- 6 dried Shiitake mushrooms
- 1-inch slices of peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 5-cm chopped stalks of scallions
- ½ cup of water
- ½ tablespoon of corn starch
- ½ tablespoon of Shaoxing wine
- 3 dashes of white pepper
- 3 drops dark soy to add color (this is optional)
- 2 tablespoons of Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
CHICKEN MUSHROOM STEW
- 1. For 15 minutes, marinate the chicken with the Marinade.
- 2. Set aside a small bowl and combine all the Sauce’s components.
- 3. Soak the mushrooms for approximately 30 minutes or until they are mushy in warm water.
- 4. Slice the mushrooms in half after removing the stems.
- 5. Add the oil to the clay pot and bring it to a boil. Stir-fry the ginger until it begins to smell good. Stir for 30 seconds after adding the chicken to the clay pot.
- 6. Stir in the mushrooms just until they are heated through. Put the Sauce and mix it in thoroughly.
- 7. Reduce the heat and add the water. Simmer covered for about 30 minutes until thickened to your liking.
- 8. Clay pot chicken with mushroom is now ready to be served; simply add the scallions and give it one last toss. Add salt if it’s not salty enough.
This meal is also delicious with bone-in chicken breasts (with skin on). You can use chicken leg quarters for this recipe. If you enjoy ginger, cut a 2-inch knob into a 2-inch piece. Follow the directions for treating your chicken with baking soda to achieve restaurant-quality results at home.