Chives Omelet: This is a quick and easy meal that makes good use of the leftover ingredient.
I’ve been so busy working with my recipe testers. I tested all of the recipes in my cookbook for the past few weeks.
I’m just grateful that so many of my readers and fans are eager to assist me. I’d want to use this time to express my gratitude for your commitment and support. It is appreciated. I sincerely regret to those volunteers who were not chosen to participate. Hopefully, we’ll be able to collaborate on my next cookbook (when it comes out) and other upcoming projects.
Chinese chives, often known as garlic chives, are components I purchased for recipe testing. If you’ve ever cooked with Chinese chives, you’ll see that they come in a bundle at the shop, which means you’ll almost certainly have some leftovers.
I was left with many chives in the refrigerator after testing. Making a chives omelet is a great way to use leftover Chinese chives or garlic chives. It’s a simple meal that makes good use of the excess item and comes together quickly.
Here’s how to make a chives omelet. Try this recipe if you have any leftover chives in your fridge. I believe you will enjoy it because the omelet’s flavor is pleasant, with the aromatic note of chives. Each serving of this recipe contains only 116 calories. I offer the following recipes for a healthy supper and a quick midweek dinner.
- 3 ounces Chinese chives, garlic chives, or kucai (85 g)
- a dozen big eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil
- a quarter-teaspoon of sesame oil
- a half teaspoon of fish sauce
- a quarter teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
EASY 6 STEPS: CHIVES OMELET
- The chives are to be cut into small bits. Remove from the equation.
- Season with all of the Seasonings ingredients after beating the eggs. Combine the eggs and chives in a mixing bowl.
- In a wok or skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Then pour the eggs into the wok or skillet and swirl them around until they are uniformly coated.
- Flip the eggs over as soon as the sides begin to brown.
- Cook until the eggs are light brown and firm to the touch. If desired, break the omelet into pieces.
- Serve right away after removing the dish from the oven.