Capellini is at its best with capellini pasta, clams, and cherry tomatoes in a delicate lemon-butter sauce. This capellini dish is really simple to prepare and only takes 20 minutes!
Capellini is a pasta variation. Capellini noodles are very thin, ranging in diameter from 0.85 to 0.92 mm. They have the form of spaghetti.
This capellini dish is one of my all-time favorites; it’s brimming with fresh clams and cherry tomatoes.
This recipe is based on a meal similar to one served at one of my favorite Italian restaurants. The following items are required for the recipe:
- Clams. Manila clams, littleneck clams, cherrystone clams, or cockle clams may be used.
- Tomatoes, cherry
- Wine blanc.
- Juice of a lemon.
This dish is filled with clams’ salty flavor, cherry tomatoes’ sweetness, and an enticing lemon-butter sauce.
This dish is quite simple to prepare at home. To begin, prepare the noodles according to the package directions. Make certain not to overcook the noodles since they cook quickly.
Sauté the garlic and capers in a pan with olive oil and butter. Bring to a simmer the clams, white wine, and lemon juice.
Combine the capellini pasta noodles and cherry tomatoes in a large mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly and serve!
Both types of pasta noodles are quite similar. Capellini pasta is thicker than angel hair pasta, measuring 0.85 mm – 0.92 mm thick per strand, and angel hair is 0.78 mm – 0.88 mm thick per strand.
Cook the noodles regarding the suggestions of the package directions, using salted water. To minimize clumping, whisk the pasta noodles as they cook in boiling water to loosen them up.
This recipe has a low-calorie count of 275 calories per serving. I offer the following dishes for a balanced supper and a simple evening dinner.
- Capellini, 8 oz. (225 g)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 dried red chile, seeds, and halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1.5 pounds (700 g) cleaned and cleansed clams
- 3/4 c. wine blanc
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Season with salt to taste
- 3 sprinkle of black pepper, ground
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges, if desired
- Boil water in a kettle. Cook the capellini until al dente (note that following the package directions is needed). Drain and reserve.
- Prepare the garlic, capers, and dried red chiles.
- Heat a skillet (preferably over medium heat) and add olive oil and butter. Add the garlic, capers, and dried red chiles after melted butter. For 10 seconds, sauté.
- Before adding the white wine, add the clams and stir a few times. Steam the clams until they open, covered with the skillet’s lid.
- Combine lemon juice, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and chicken bouillon powder in a small bowl (if using). Combine the cherry tomatoes and parsley in a medium bowl. Stir the capellini into the skillet until thoroughly combined.
- Dish out, garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.