Baked Mussels with Cheese-Mayo Sauce are baked mussels with cheese-mayo sauce or mussels dynamite sauce that are delectable.
Simple dish using cheese, mayonnaise, and mussels results in the most incredible appetizer ever.
Cheese, mayonnaise, and shellfish are a marriage made in gastronomic heaven. I particularly enjoy it with seafood, mainly green mussels.
Green mussels (imported from New Zealand) are roasted and covered with a thick, creamy cheese mayonnaise sauce.
I like to top them with some Japanese fish roe or tobiko, which infuses each bite with the tabiko’s delicious flavors.
Sometimes known as Mussels Dynamite, these mussels are frequently offered as an appetizer in Japanese restaurants and sushi/seafood buffets.
Another comparable dish is Shrimp Dynamite, which I have the recipe. Each time I see these two things on the menu, I feel compelled to order them and luxuriate in their creamy delectability.
Green mussels are widely accessible frozen in the frozen department of many shops so that this Japanese appetizer is prepared in a flash.
With Labor Day approaching in less than a week, you may offer these cheese-mayo-baked mussels or mussel dynamite as an appetizer alongside your normal BBQ and meats.
I’m sure your visitors will be eternally grateful to you for treating them to this incredibly delectable meal. This dish has a low-calorie count of 367 calories per serving.
- 12 frozen green mussels with half-shells
- 6 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Parmesan
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce Sriracha
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon roes de tobiko
- Preheat the oven (I suggest up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius). Mussels should be cleaned and rinsed, then patted dry with paper towels.
- Combine the ingredients not mentioned yet in a small bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Arrange the mussels on a baking sheet or foil-lined pan and top with about 1/2 spoonful of the cheese-mayo mixture.
- Bake the mussels for approximately 20 minutes or until the tops turn golden brown. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with tobiko fish roes, and serve immediately.