Garlic, butter, parsley, and paprika flavor the oysters in this mouthwatering grilled dish.
THE BEST GRILLED OYSTERS
Oysters, huge, fat, juicy, and luscious ones on the half shell, are one of my favorite grilling options in the summer. When it comes to cooking oysters, grilling is one of the most straightforward and tasty methods.
This recipe was inspired by a seafood buffet dish that I recently enjoyed. A few simple ingredients are needed to bring out the oysters’ briny flavor: garlic, parsley, salt, paprika, and butter, all finely minced.
It’s that easy. The oysters taste just as well roasted in the oven as grilled. Add a squeeze of lime or lemon just before serving!
INGREDIENTS FOR GRILLED OYSTERS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT DO GRILLED OYSTERS TASTE LIKE?
- Grilled oysters have a coppery flavor and a texture more akin to a burnt fried egg.
HOW LONG SHOULD YOU GRILL OYSTERS?
- It’s a matter of size. I use 5-8 minutes in my recipe, but larger oysters may require 8-10 minutes.
HOW DO YOU CLEAN OYSTERS BEFORE GRILLING?
- Take a bucket of cold water and rinse the oysters.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 54 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
Grilled bread is the most ideal accompaniment for this dish. The following are some of my favorite quick and healthy seafood dishes, in case you’re pressed for time:
- SEAFOOD PASTA
- LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP
- BEER STEAMED MUSSELS
- HONEY SRIRACHA SHRIMP KEBAB
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 6 big shell-on oysters
- paprika to taste
- lemon wedges, optional
- Peel and reserve the oysters after shucking.
- The oysters should be garnished with chopped garlic, parsley leaves, and paprika (to taste). Butter up each oyster before serving it.
- Grill for 5-8 minutes on an outdoor grill, or until done. Prepare and serve right away. Before you eat, squeeze a little lemon juice on top if you want.
- If you want to shuck oysters like a pro, turn them over with their “flatter” side facing you and begin at the hinge (the pointed end of the oyster). Insert a small knife at the hinge and open the shell with a few blade twists. You can see Ming Tsai’s video on how to shuck oysters here.
- To bake these oysters, set your oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake for 15-20 minutes.