Delicious chicken skewers drenched in Hawaiian BBQ sauce and topped with a layer of pineapple. Despite its simplicity, this dish is a crowd-pleaser.
THE BEST HAWAIIAN CHICKEN KABOBS
This recipe for Hawaiian chicken kabobs is quick, flavorful, and ideal for summer entertaining.
My Hawaiian chicken kabobs recipe can be made with either chicken or SPAM® Classic, depending on your personal preference. The method is the same. It’s a simple concept: skewering grilled chicken or SPAM® Classic cubes with slices of Dole pineapple.
The King’s Hawaiian BBQ Sauce Original Sweet Pineapple BBQ can be brushed on chicken or SPAM® Classic for the perfect party meal.
INGREDIENTS FOR HAWAIIAN CHICKEN KABOBS
- King’s Hawaiian BBQ Sauce Original
- Bamboo skewers
- Canned pineapples
- Black pepper
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
DOES PINEAPPLE MAKE CHICKEN MUSHY?
- Bromelain, an enzyme found in fresh pineapple juice, might cause your chicken to become mushy. To resolve this problem, turn to canned pineapple.
HOW LONG DO YOU GRILL KEBABS?
- Grill the kabob for 10 to 15 minutes, turning it over halfway during the cooking time to ensure even cooking.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 204 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
Coupled with macadamia nuts, Dole Pineapple Juice, and craft beer from Kona Brewing Co., the following recipes are ideal for a Hawaiian-themed celebration.
- HAWAIIAN SHRIMP SCAMPI
- ASIAN FRUIT SLAW
- HAWAIIAN KALUA PORK (INSTANT POT)
- COCONUT MOJITO
- bamboo skewers
- 1/3 cup of King’s Hawaiian BBQ Sauce Original
- 1 can (600 g) Dole Pineapple Slices, quartered
- 2 lbs. chicken, cut into cubes
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper the chicken before cooking. Heat the oil in your large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in a pan until thoroughly browned and cooked through. Allow the chicken to cool to room temperature by turning off the heat.
- Place a piece of chicken on the plate, next a pineapple slice quartered, and finally another piece of chicken. Finish threading the rest of the chicken onto the serving platter.
- The chicken should be brushed liberally with BBQ sauce, garnished with parsley, and served as soon as possible.