Cinnamon rolls packed with red cherries, sliced into heart shapes for Valentine’s Day. It’s charming!
In fewer than ten days, Valentine’s Day will be upon us, and I bet you’re looking for inventive ideas to make for the occasion.
The most adorable, most romantic, and most excellent cinnamon bun recipe ever, loaded with red cherries, is what I’ve got for you!
Regardless of the shape, these heart-shaped cinnamon buns are sure to make your girlfriend feel extra loved as she nibbles into them.
In addition, there’s a cherry within the heart to make it even more delicious and sweet.
To preserve and sweeten the cherry, I used maraschino cherries.
On Valentine’s Day, serve the cinnamon rolls as a brunch option by stuffing them with the filling.
If you make these cinnamon rolls for your loved ones, I’m sure they will be overjoyed.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 355 calories.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- maraschino cherry
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 packet active quick rise yeast
- powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Stir in the milk and the butter into a medium pot. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- The following ingredients are mixed together in a bowl: 2 1/4 cups flour, sugar, and salt. Add the yeast and the milk mixture to the bowl. Then, add the egg and stir thoroughly until the mixture is smooth.
- As you knead, gradually add 1 cup of flour with the dough hook attachment on your mixer until it forms a ball and pulls away from the bowl’s edges. You can also use your hands to knead the dough.
- Ensure that your dough has rested for a minimum of 10 minutes. The oven should be preheated to a temperature of 350°F (176°C).
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle and cut it into desired shapes using a floured surface. On top, place a thin layer of melted butter. Toss the cinnamon and sugar together before sprinkling it over the dough in the pan.
- Make a heart form out of each strip of dough by cutting it into ten equal pieces. Using parchment paper, prepare a baking sheet and place the cinnamon roll. Allow the rolls to rise for 25 minutes, covered with a moist cloth.
- Each cinnamon roll should have a cherry in it. Serve until slightly browned around the edges. Serve warm, dusted with confectioners’ sugar.