Carrots cooked in honey, butter, garlic, and parsley are delicious. This recipe requires only 10 minutes of active time and 25 minutes of baking time.
Carrots roasted in the oven? This question is frequently asked. Honey and butter are the only things you’ll need to make these simple oven-roasted carrots.
One of the best carrot dishes may be made using garlic, parsley, and salt. This recipe for honey-roasted carrots with butter and garlic is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
WHAT CARROTS TO USE?
Carrot tops are plentiful in farmers’ markets and supermarkets at this time of year. However, you can use ordinary or mini carrots if you choose.
When you roast the carrots at 400F for 25-30 minutes (depending on the size of your carrots), they get so tender that they taste almost like roasted sweet potatoes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN YOU ROAST WITH THE SKIN ON CARROTS?
- Roasting entire carrots with the peel on is possible. It’s important to scrub and clean the skin thoroughly to remove all traces of dirt and oil from the surface. Before roasting in the oven, I like to remove the skin.
HOW TO CUT CARROTS FOR ROASTING?
- Carrots can be sliced into chunks or rounds like coins; I choose not to do so. Ultimately, the decision is yours to make.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 228 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
This meal is ideally accompanied by a main course. I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- GARLIC CHIVE BUTTER GRILLED STEAK
- GARLIC BUTTER PORK CHOPS
- CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA
- CREAMY GARLIC CHICKEN
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 lb. peeled carrots, tops trimmed (two bunches carrot tops)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup or to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- salt to taste
- Your oven should be preheated up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (207 degrees Celsius).
- Carrots, butter, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, and honey should be mixed together in a big bowl before placing out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, or until the carrots are fork-tender and gently browned, in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Olive oil can be used in the replacement of butter if desired.