Honey lime chicken is insanely good. Prepare the best chicken in just 20 minutes for your family!
HONEY LIME CHICKEN
Every week, we eat a lot of chicken, and I’m always looking for different ways of cooking it. My favorite ingredients are honey and lime.
Honey lime chicken is based on a dish from Eating Well, which I streamlined for your benefit. This dish can be made in about 20 minutes!
MOIST, JUICY, AND TENDER CHICKEN
It was impossible not to give this honey lime chicken recipe a flawless score of 10. One bite, and you’ll fall in love with it for all the right reasons. The marinade of honey, lime, soy sauce, and garlic wonders for the chicken.
Your mouth will water the mouthwatering combination of flavors in this chicken.
BONE-IN CHICKEN VS. BONELESS CHICKEN
As always, the boneless chicken thigh is my favorite (check out how to debone chicken thighs video).
The skin is glossy, lacquered, precisely blackened, and baked, while the meat is brimming with chicken juice. Bone-in chicken thighs can also be used to make this dish.
You can make this recipe year-round using any part of the chicken you like, whether baking it in the oven or grilling it outside. You can even cook it in a skillet or cast-iron pan.
SKILLET OR OVEN-BAKED?
You can either bake the chicken or cook it on the stove in this dish. I’m a big fan of oven-baked food because of the charred and crispy exterior.
Skillet cooking is an excellent option if you don’t want to wait a long time to eat this delectable chicken.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 360 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- ONE-POT PASTA WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES
- BROWN BUTTER GARLIC HONEY ROASTED CARROTS
- SAUTEED ASPARAGUS
- CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN FETTUCCINE
- lime wedges
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1.5 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. deboned chicken thighs, skin-on
- 1 big pinch of salt
- chopped parsley
- Your oven should be preheated up to 400°F (207°C).
- Please see the video and written instructions below on deboning chicken thighs while retaining the skin. It’s the skin that makes this dish so savory.
- With your hands, rub the chicken thighs with minced garlic. Honey, soy sauce, lime juice, cayenne pepper, and salt should be combined with lime juice and soy sauce to make a marinade for chicken. Make the marinade twice as “saucy” if you like it thicker. Mix thoroughly. The chicken and honey mixture should be placed on an aluminum foil-lined baking pan. To avoid overcooking, use aluminum foil to cover the chicken.
- You can bake the chicken for up to 20 minutes or until it’s done to your liking. Chicken could be spooned and brushed with sauce if it pooled at the bottom of the foil. The skin of the chicken should be browned after a minute of broiling. Remove from the stove and garnish with parsley when finished cooking. Serve the chicken w/ lime wedges for squeezing over the top.
- Because there is no skin on boneless and skinless thighs or breasts, the chicken will appear white when cooked, and broiling will not darken the meat.
- On medium heat, a skillet or cast-iron pan can also prepare this dish. Keep an eye on the chicken if you’re cooking it in a skillet or pan since the honey can rapidly turn it brown.
- You may alternatively cook the chicken outside on a gas or charcoal barbecue.