Flavorful, sweet, and acidic honey orange sauce smothers grilled chicken in a skillet. This 20-minute meal preparation is quick and easy.
It’s the season of change! Temperatures in the United States are cooling down, even if it’s still sweltering in Southern California.
It’s hard to beat a home-cooked supper for the fall.
Everybody likes chicken for dinner. Therefore, I’ve come up with this delicious honey orange chicken recipe for you.
Everyone’s favorite dish is the deep-fried, battered chicken in a sweet-and-sour orange sauce popularized by Chinese eateries.
The tiresome chore of deep-frying battered chicken breasts prompted me to create a skillet honey orange chicken recipe that only takes TWENTY minutes to cook and does not require deep-frying.
Using this recipe’s honey-orange sauce, you’ll get juicy, moist chicken that’s delicious on its own. With a side of steamed rice, you’ve got a delicious home-cooked lunch on your hands. Enjoy!
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 424 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- GARLIC SRIRACHA NOODLES
- ASIAN SLAW
- STIR FRY SAUCE
- BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 (20 oz./600 g) chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. Asian cooking wine, optional
- white sesame seeds for garnishing
- chopped parsley leaves for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or more to taste
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons bottled garlic chili sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons honey or more to taste
- Keep the skin on the chicken thighs after deboning them. Stir in the cooking wine and soy sauce with the chicken after adding it to the pan.
- Whisk together all of the sauce’s components until well-combined. Dispose of.
- Pan-fry the chicken with the skin side down in a hot skillet. Brown the chicken on both sides by flipping it over and cooking it in the same manner on the other side. Serving platter: Transfer the chicken to the plate. In a skillet, heat the cooking oil, then sauté the garlic for a few seconds. Add the chicken back in and follow with the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce has thickened slightly. Add sesame seeds and parsley to the chicken before serving. Serve at once.
- You don’t have to remove the chicken’s bones before cooking it. You can check out my “How to Debone Chicken Thighs” post and video. This recipe can also be made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs.