Succulent skewers of sweet-and-savory chicken. Make this, and you won’t be able to stop eating.
BEST HONEY SESAME CHICKEN SKEWERS
One of the numerous gourmet publications I subscribe to, Fine Cooking inspired this honey sesame chicken skewers recipe. I was perusing the issue’s summer dishes when I came upon a recipe that looked familiar.
I opted to alter the recipe quite to make it simpler and less time-consuming, but still excellent.
CHINESE CHICKEN SKEWERS
Going to the Chinese buffet on weekends as a college student in the Midwest was one of my favorite pleasures. The five-spice and soy sauce marinated chicken was strung onto a bamboo stick and deep-fried until golden brown at various Chinese buffets I had experienced.
My favorite dish in the Chinese buffet was the unassuming chicken skewer. The food was juicy and wonderful, and eating it on a stick was a lot of fun!
IT CAME PRETTY DARN CLOSE since I was attempting to recreate the honey sesame chicken from memory. I opted to grill it instead of deep-frying because it’s summer.
Drizzle the chicken skewers with white sesame oil and garnish with cut green onions for a festive display. Enjoy!
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 186 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- EGG ROLL
- BEEF SATAY
- CHICKEN CHOW MEIN
- HOT AND SOUR SOUP
- oil for brushing
- scallion, sliced into small pieces
- 8 oz. (226 g) chicken thigh and leg meat, dark meat, cut into small pieces
- bamboo skewers
- white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese rice wine
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 3 dashes white pepper
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and rinse it. Paper towels work well for this. Before using the bamboo skewers, soak them for 30 minutes.
- For 30 minutes, marinate the chicken using the marinade’s components. Make sure the marinade coats the chicken meat thoroughly before serving.
- Using the bamboo skewers, insert three to four pieces of chicken. Dispose of.
- To roast chicken skewers to perfection, all you need is a hot grill. Apply a light oil coating to both sides of the meat while it’s grilling.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and scallions over the honey sesame chicken skewers before serving. Serve hot.