The most significant and straightforward recipe for honey sesame chicken with sesame honey sauce!
WHAT IS HONEY SESAME CHICKEN?
Rasa Malaysia’s most popular Chinese dish is honey chicken.
Many of my readers have requested variations on the dish since I first posted it two years ago.
A recipe for honey sesame chicken, which is becoming increasingly popular on Pinterest, is what I’ll be cooking for you today (remember to follow me). Sesame chicken and honey chicken combine in this dish to create a delicious and unique flavor.
THE BEST WAY TO PREPARE THIS MEAL
All you need to cook this chicken is a few everyday items that can be found at any supermarket or grocery shop. In the mood for something convenient and straightforward? This is the cuisine for you.
Even though most people dislike deep-frying at home, this honey sesame chicken recipe and other Chinese recipes on Rasa Malaysia strongly encourage you to do so.
The deep-fried chicken coated in a rich and flavorful sauce is what makes Chinese takeouts and entrees so popular.
You’ll feel better about yourself if you eat them with some hot, freshly cooked rice.
Let’s get rid of the baked chicken and fry up some chicken instead so that you may enjoy it both for your stomach and your taste buds.
We all have the right to splurge from time to time.
HOW TO FRY THE CHICKEN
Even better, you don’t even need to deep-fried the chicken in this meal; a simple pan-fry would suffice.
It isn’t necessary to use a large fryer or six inches of oil to deep fry chicken for dinner.
Just a small saute pan (preferably nonstick for easy cleaning and frying), a couple inches of cooking oil, and some long chopsticks are all you really need to get started!
Chicken pieces are ready to be coated in the honey sesame sauce with no waste of oil, no splattering oil, and a delicious fried chicken dish.
You don’t have to worry about anything!
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 416 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- GARLIC BOK CHOY
- CHOW MEIN
- KUNG PAO SHRIMP
- FRIED RICE
- toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 lb. of chicken breast, boneless & cut into 1-inch cubes or long strips
- oil for deep-frying
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup water, ice cold
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
HONEY SESAME SAUCE:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/3 cup pure honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Until smooth, combine all of the “Frying Batter” ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside. Add the chicken cubes and mix well. Set aside.
- Add all the “Honey Sesame Sauce” ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- A medium-to high-heat sauté pan should have around 2 inches of oil added to it. Before adding the breaded chicken cubes to the pan, make sure the oil is heated enough. Fry the meat for a few more minutes until it’s golden brown. Remove the dishware and let it air dry.
- Stir-fry the garlic in 2 tablespoons of the frying oil until it is fragrant. Simmer for a few minutes to thicken the sauce, then remove from the heat. Serve with steaming white rice or Chinese fried rice immediately after combining the sauce with the chicken and sesame seeds.
- Step-by-step instructions are available in the video on this page.