Lemon pound cake with a glossy frosting rich in butter and sugar. You’ll want to eat this lemon pound cake every day!
Everybody is probably looking forward to the holiday season and the new year.
Baking cakes and sweets are one of my favorite Christmas activities.
At this time of year, I go all out with the sweets and treats.
One of my favorite cakes is this lemon pound cake.
Lemon juice and a sugar icing flavor a moist, sweet pound cake.
Better than this? I don’t think so.
My favorite dessert to accompany my Starbucks coffee is iced lemon pound cake.
On the other hand, a home-baked loaf allows me to enjoy it as much as I want.
I enjoy using little loaf pans for baking my cakes.
I can eat the entire loaf without feeling terrible since they are so cute.
The small size makes it a fantastic gift for your neighbors and friends for the holidays.
This holiday season, try this lemon pound cake recipe!
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 275 calories.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Your oven should be preheated up to a temperature of 350°F (176°C). The pan should be greased and floured for a 9″x5″ loaf pan or three small loaf pans.
- Combine all flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- A mixer should be used to beat together the eggs and sugar in a medium-sized bowl until they are well combined. Blend the wet and dry components together until well combined. Mix in the oil and lemon zest.
- If a toothpick put into the loaf’s center comes out clean, the bread is done baking. In either case, pour the batter into the pans and bake as directed on the package. Allow cooling on a wire rack after removing from the oven.
- To prepare the glaze, simply combine all of the components. Pour over the bread once it has been allowed to cool.