Chicken with sweet and salty Mandarin sauce is a famous Chinese dish Like Panda Express or shopping malls. This dish is insanely delicious.
One of my most popular Chinese recipes is Mandarin chicken. When Panda Express dropped Mandarin chicken from their menu a few years back, my readers contacted me.
The easiest and most delicious recipe to make this dish at home, which tastes just like the stuff you get at Panda Express or malls, is right here if you’ve been waiting for it.
This dish requires only five ingredients, all of which are incredibly nutritious and easy to put together: ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice, and sugar.
Then, make the sauce first, pan-sear the chicken (breasts or thighs). Serve the chicken with the zesty sauce over rice, slicing it into bite-sized pieces.
Mandarin Chicken is also served in the United States in Orange Chicken.
Many people, including picky eaters and children, enjoy these foods. See if you want either of my two recipes. Have a great meal!
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 165 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- LONGAN TONG SUI
- VEGAN LETTUCE WRAPS
- BEAN SPROUTS WITH TOFU
- LOTUS ROOT SOUP
- 3 slices peeled ginger
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Chopped scallion for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Oil, for pan-frying
- Cook the chicken on both sides in a hot skillet until it is done. You may either grill or pan-fried chicken using a cast iron grill pan. Set aside after cooling and slicing into pieces.
- In a small saucepan, combine the ingredients and bring to a boil. Heat to a minor thickening on medium heat. Ginger slices should be thrown away.
- To finish, sprinkle some scallions on top before spooning the sauce over the chicken. Serve with steaming rice right away.