Fish marinated in a garlic, herb, olive oil, and lemon marinade that is succulent and flavorful. This 8-minute gas grill recipe is perfect for summer barbecues and makes the most excellent grilled salmon ever.
HOW TO GRILL SALMON?
My grilled salmon recipe is perfect for the upcoming summer months. How do you grill salmon on the gas grill if you’ve already done shrimp, chicken, and steak?
I’ll show you precisely what to do, from choosing the right slices of salmon to marinating and grilling them. Definitely one of the most delicate salmon dishes ever!
HOW TO SEASON SALMON FOR GRILLING?
Use this grilled salmon marinade to ensure that your fish is juicy, tender, and moist.
- Olive oil. It preserves the salmon’s natural juices and moisture.
- Garlic mince eliminates the possibility of a fishy odor.
- Italian basil and parsley, among others. Herbs such as these give fish an earthy flavor.
- Citrus juice, such as that found in lemons.
- Black pepper and salt to taste.
Allow 30 minutes for the marinade to work its magic. The acid in lemon juice “cooks,” resulting in a white or translucent coating on the salmon’s surface.
It’s also possible to coat the fish in my homemade dry rub before grilling. The final product will be just as tasty.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT CUT OF SALMON TO USE?
- You can see in the photo that I utilized a second cut. The second cut of salmon is a more substantial portion of the fish. For most cooking methods, the filet is excellent, but it holds up exceptionally well to grilling.
- Alternatively, a good cut of salmon is a loin or top loin.
SALMON GRILL TIME
- How long does it take to grill salmon? I grilled the second cut salmon in this recipe for 4 minutes at 350°F, with the skin side down, without interruption at this temperature. Cook the fish for another 4 minutes on the other side. The amount of time required is directly proportional to the fish’s thickness.
- Visual signals are another option. Salmon is done when the white substance oozes or seeps out of it.
- Albumin, or coagulated protein, is a white substance. The white “gunk” on top of cooked salmon is albumin that has been forced out of the fish’s muscle fibers during cooking.
CAN I GRILL SALMON IN FOIL?
- You can, after all! The chars and smokey notes won’t be in the salmon, but they will cook wonderfully and remain juicy.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO GRILL SALMON IN A PAN?
- Absolutely. If you want to cook the salmon, you can use a cast-iron grill pan on top of a gas grill. Alternatively, a grill pan can cook it on the stovetop.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 228 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
Sauces like dill or Asian sweet chili sauce can enhance the flavor and texture of this dish. Many side dishes pair well with this dish. The following grilling dishes are ideal for a summer barbeque.
- HONEY CAJUN GRILLED SHRIMP
- GRILLED CORN ON THE COB
- GARLIC BUTTER MUSHROOM KEBAB
- LEMON BUTTER GRILLED ZUCCHINI
- lemon wedges, for serving
- 1 lb. salmon (top loin, loin, or second cut)
- 1 teaspoon chopped Italian basil
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- In a big bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and toss to combine.
- For 20 minutes, marinate the salmon in the marinade.
- Set a gas grill to 350°F (176°C) medium heat. Remove it from the marinade and put it on the grill to cook the salmon. To achieve stunning char marks, lay the salmon skin side down on a flat surface at a 45-degree angle. Grill the salmon for 4 minutes, turning it once. While grilling, brush the food with the remaining Marinade mixture to prevent it from sticking.
- The cut of salmon you use will determine how long it takes to cook. The fish is done frying when it oozes out white gunk. If the salmon is blackened but not cooked, move it to the indirect heat side of the gas grill. The salmon should be cooked for another 1-2 minutes. After removing from the grill, toss lemon wedges, dill sauce, or sweet chili sauce.