The best dry rub recipe ever is here! You may use it to make the most incredible BBQ flavors on ribs and other meats like chicken and steak.
THE BEST DRY RUB RECIPE
Harry Soo, the Slap Yo’ Daddy BBQ owner, taught me how to make this dish.
Those of you who enjoy barbecue know Harry as one of the best pitmasters in the country, having won multiple championships across the country. Harry is a household name in the barbecue community.
In addition, he’s appeared on several TV shows and runs weekend BBQ classes.
Harry was born and raised in Penang, Malaysia, like me. I count myself fortunate that I could enroll in Harry’s BBQ class a few years back.
My following recipe is THE BEST dry rub recipe you’ll discover online, courtesy of a top-notch barbecue specialist that I’m going to share with you right now.
INGREDIENTS FOR DRY RUB
The following ingredients and spices go into the rub:
- Chili Powder
- Steak Seasonings
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Cayenne Pepper
HOW TO MAKE A DRY RUB FOR RIBS?
A homemade all-purpose rub that may be used on ribs, baby back ribs, chicken breasts, wings, legs, steaks, and other meats can be made by mixing all the components together.
The rub can be kept in an airtight jar for future use. You can grill, pan-fry, bake, roast, or smoke the meat if you rub some spices on it.
With this method, you get juicy, moist, and flavorful meat.
RECIPES USING DRY RUB
- DRY RUB GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS
- DRY RUB BAKED PORK CHOPS
- DRY RUB BAKED CHICKEN
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 188 calories.
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning, McCormick
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine the ingredients in your bowl and stir well.
- Keep the dry rub in an airtight container for up to a few months. This rub is excellent for all kinds of poultry and meats: ribs, steak, pig, and anything in between. The dry rub was doubled and stored in a jar like shown.
- Adapted from Slap Yo’ Daddy BBQ’s original recipe. To purchase this dry rub, click here.
- This Dry Rub Baked Chicken dish works well with the dry rub.