HONEY SESAME SHRIMP
This honey sesame-sauce shrimp and broccoli stir fry are quick and healthful. It just takes 15 minutes to put together!
I can’t get enough of this Asian-inspired honey sesame shrimp dish. If you can’t get enough shrimp, honey sesame sauce, and fresh broccoli, there’s no better way to eat it than in one skillet.
It’s great that the recipe is so simple and requires only a few everyday household items.
You’ll need honey, sesame oil, oyster sauce, and apple cider vinegar to make the honey sesame sauce. For the shrimp, I always use frozen raw shrimp that have been shelled and deveined but still have the tails on.
This honey sesame shrimp meal takes no more than 15 minutes from preparation to serving. The final product is a nutritious meal that may be served for dinner or lunch on a busy weeknight.
Everyone at the dinner table loved the garlic noodles I prepared with this dish!
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 221 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- CILANTRO LIME SALMON
- RAMEN NOODLE SALAD
- SALMON TERIYAKI NOODLES
- HONEY LIME CHICKEN
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 4 oz. (115 g) broccoli
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lb. shelled and deveined shrimp, tail-on
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- white sesame for garnishing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cook the broccoli florets for one minute in a small pot of boiling water. Discarded and drained water.
- Bring the sesame oil and cooking oil to a boil in a medium-sized skillet. Garlic and shrimp should be sautéed until the garlic turns a light brown color. Stir the mixture thoroughly before adding the honey, oyster sauce, and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir-fry the shrimp until they are cooked through, using a spatula. If desired, add the broccoli, mix well, and sprinkle with the white sesame seeds. Serve at once.