PARMESAN PUMPKIN FRITTERS
Pumpkin fritters stuffed with Parmesan cheese are insanely tasty. It’s a cinch to put together and takes just 20 minutes.
Almost pumpkin season is upon us. The cold air has begun to creep in early in the morning and late at night, even though Fall hasn’t officially arrived yet. All around town, pumpkins are appearing in supermarkets and local pumpkin patches.
Pumpkin fritters paired with Parmesan cheese were the perfect way to celebrate the impending fall season. If you’ve never made pumpkin fritters at home before, you’ll be pleased you did.
It is impossible to stop eating these Parmesan pumpkin fritters once you try one. Feast your eyes and taste buds with these warm, fresh-out-of-the-frying-pot dish. They’re crunchy, moist, and oozing with flavor.
The best part is they only require around 20 minutes to put together. When served with Thai sweet chili sauce, the pumpkin fritters will become your new favorite snack!
There are just 365 calories in one serving of this meal.
- 1 ¼ cups of shredded pumpkins
- 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 3 dashes of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- ¼ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 large egg
- Prepare a medium frying pan and set over medium heat and add the oil.
- A large bowl should be used to combine the pumpkin and the other ingredients. To ensure a smooth mixture, give everything a good stir. The mixture should not be moist or watery at all.
- Scoop the pumpkin mixture with a spoon and carefully drop it into the boiling oil. The inside should be done, and both sides should be golden brown and crispy.
- Using a strainer, remove the fritters from the oil and place them on a dish lined with paper towels.
- A Thai sweet chili sauce is a must-have accompaniment for this dish.
If you have kabocha pumpkin or Japanese pumpkin, use it. Regular pumpkin lacks the sweetness of kabocha pumpkin.