15-MINUTE TAKE-OUT STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
This 15-minute Chinese takeout-style chicken curry just requires 9 fundamental items and a few minutes of your time in the kitchen. However, the small amount of effort invested pays off in a delicious curry stir-fry with a lot of fragrant sauce!
My favorite food from any trip to Chinatown was chicken curry, which is so simple to make at home. Most of the components can be found in your cupboard or refrigerator, and the preparation time is less than 15 minutes.
Stir-frying this chicken curry is easy as long as you wear an apron or a black t-shirt and use metal utensils instead of wood or bamboo. Stains can be caused by the use of turmeric and curry powder. But, of course, the danger is well worth the reward.
- 340g of thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 ½ cups of chicken stock
- 4 teaspoons of curry powder
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into small wedges
- Chicken breast slices, one teaspoon oil, one teaspoon soy sauce, and one teaspoon cornstarch should be mixed together in a medium-sized basin.
- It’s time for you to get your wok smoking on the stove top. Spread out the chicken in a single layer in a frying pan after adding a few teaspoons of oil. Remove the chicken from the wok after it has been stir-fried only until it has become opaque. Set away for a later time.
- Add an additional tablespoon of oil to the wok and the onion slices. Stir-fry for a minute, then add the chicken stock, curry powder, turmeric, sugar, and salt to taste.
- Mix the remaining 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with 2 teaspoons of water and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved. The sauce should thicken and become more creamy after a few minutes of cooking. You can thicken the sauce by adding more cornstarch slurry, if necessary. Add more chicken stock if the sauce is too thick.
- After adding the cooked chicken to the wok, continue to stir for another 30 seconds. Steamed rice is an excellent accompaniment.