CHINESE BRAISED CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM
You can make this Chinese Braised Chicken with Mushrooms in your own kitchen with just a few simple ingredients. Serving suggestion: Serve with brown rice and lush vegetables for a simple, quick dinner
This is not, as the name implies, a vegetarian dish. There are “double” mushrooms in it, which are dried shiitakes and wood ears cooked in a dark, rich sauce.
With the addition of chicken wings, this sauce becomes impossible to resist. With a side of steaming rice, it’s a complete meal. Dinner is ready in minutes with the addition of a leafy green vegetable!
- 1 1/3 lbs of chicken wings
- 25 small dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 slices of ginger
- 1 1/4 cup of water from soaked mushrooms
- ¾ cup of rinsed and soaked and dried wood ear mushrooms
- ¼ cup of Shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2½ teaspoons of dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Use a medium heat setting on your wok to warm the oil. Ginger should be added and cooked for about a minute until it is aromatic and starts to crisp up around the edges. Add the chicken and raise the heat to high. Cook it for 3-5 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add the shiitakes and wood ear mushrooms that have been soaked in a solution of water and salt. For 2 minutes, stir-fry.
- Add the 1 1/4 cups of soaking water to the mixture. Other ingredients include sugar, light and dark soy sauces, well as Shaoxing wine, and light and dark sugar. Bring the liquid to a boil after thoroughly mixing the ingredients.
- Let it simmer for around 40 to 45 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated out of the wok. Keep the heat low and whisk the mixture occasionally. If it starts to dry out too rapidly, add more water.
- Stir in the scallions and cook until they are wilted for about 30 seconds. Serve!