CHINESE SAUSAGE IN RICE COOKER RICE (LAP CHEONG FAN)
A quick and easy weeknight meal when you only have a few links of lap cheong in the fridge is this Chinese Sausage Rice Cooker Rice. We’re embarrassed to call it a “recipe” because it’s so simple.
Just think of it as a quick and easy dinner option when you’re in a pinch for something quick and easy…and maybe a side of veggies!
HOW CAN THIS BE DESCRIBED AS A RECIPE?
As simple as it is, this is one of those recipes you don’t even think about writing down. Do you think this counts as a recipe? This Chinese boy, like countless others, learned to make it from seeing others do it.
Your grandmother/grandmother, older sibling, or mother/father taught you the “finger trick” in your rice cooker pot.
You can measure the rice’s height by leveling it and inserting your finger into the rice to get an accurate reading. Using your finger to measure the rice level, you add an equal amount of water.
After that, you must add a few links of lap Cheong (Chinese Sausage) to the rice and turn on the rice cooker. It’s dinner time in 20 minutes.
We’ve been doing this secretly for as long as we can remember, but it never occurred to us to post it on The Woks of Life as a recipe.
However, it seems like a mistake to leave it out when you think about it.
We’ve included this recipe for Chinese Sausage and rice in a rice cooker to remind those who grew up eating it and introduce it to those who haven’t.
Having some lap Cheong in your fridge is an excellent method to enjoy it in a short period of time.
- Jasmine rice
- lap Cheong (Chinese Sausage)
DIRECTIONS FOR THE RICE COOKER:
- Measure the desired quantity of rice in your rice cooker cup (2 cups is good for 3 people).
- When you’ve added that many cups of water, fill your rice cooker up to the top, or you may just rest your finger on top of the rice and see how high it is, and then add water until it reaches the same height as the rice, using the “finger trick.”
- Add one link of Chinese Sausage per person to the rice cooker and turn it on. It’s possible to cook rice and Sausage simultaneously in the same pot! Slicing the Sausage and serving it over a bowl of rice
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING A STOVETOP:
- Pour the desired amount of rice into a medium pot, taking note of the amount. ) This stage does not require any special measurement gear. Simply use any cup or mug on hand to serve your tea. Soak the rice for 20 minutes in 2 inches of water. Drain the water from the rice once it has soaked. Soaked rice should be all you need now.
- Pour fresh water into the pot to the same volume as the rice. On top of that, scatter the Chinese sausages. On medium-high heat, place the saucepan on the stove. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the liquid has evaporated and the rice is fluffy, after bringing the mixture to a boil. Slicing the Sausage and serving it over a bowl of rice.