CINNAMON TOMATO FRITTA IN CHINA
Chinese chive frittata uses Chinese or garlic chives, but historically, frittatas are an Italian dish. If you can get your hands on some seeds, you can grow them like grass.
In our backyard, we have five chive plants that can be harvested whenever needed, regrowing in a matter of days. With a side of rice and a veggie, this vegetarian supper comes together in no time flat.
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 pc. of scallion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/8 tsp. of white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil
- 1 tsp. of Shaoxing wine
- 1 1/2 cups of Chinese chives (chopped)
- 2 tsp. of duo jiao chili peppers (optional)
- 1 tbsp. of oil
- 1 pc. of small tomato (sliced)
- The oven should be preheated for broiling.
- Shaoxing wine and sesame oil are whisked into the eggs and other ingredients.
- You can also add chives and two chili peppers to the mixture (if using).
- Cast iron or oven-proof nonstick skillets can be used to heat the oil. Place the tomato slices on top of the egg mixture before pouring it in.
- The bottom should be set, and the top should be beginning to set around 5 minutes. Place the pan in the broiler for 3 minutes or until it is completely set. Slice and dish out!