COMBINED FAVAS AND SZECHUAN PEPPERCORNS IN A STIR FRY
Stir-Fried Fava Beans is an excellent recipe if you are a fan of fava beans. Frozen fava beans will take longer to cook than fresh ones, so keep that in mind!
- 1 lb. of fresh fava beans(or frozen ones, defrosted; 450g)
- 1 tbsp. of Sichuan peppercorns (aka Szechuan peppercorns)
- 3 tbsp. of scallions (finely chopped)
- 5 pcs. of dried chilis
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- 2 tbsp. of water
- ½ tsp. of salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp. of ground white pepper
- ½ tsp. of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. of Shaoxing wine
- Make medium-high heat in an iron wok for the oil before adding the ingredients. Toss in some sliced scallion, some garlic, some Sichuan peppercorns, and some dried chili. Stir constantly to prevent burning during the final minute of cooking.
- Stir in the fava beans and cook for about 2 minutes longer. Simmer for a few minutes to cook the beans thoroughly before adding the salt and white pepper as well as sesame oil as well as 2 tablespoons of water.
- Plate and serve with the leftover scallion mixture.