EVERYDAY CHINESE VEGETABLE STIR-FRY
The name “everyday” vegetable stir-fry comes from the fact that we like to use this recipe as a go-to when we have a fridge full of vegetables that we haven’t used up during the course of the week.
This vegetable stir-fry can be made with whichever vegetables you happen to have in your fridge. Adding some tofu makes this dish an excellent vegetarian main course.
- 5 thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3 cloves of peeled and sliced garlic
- 2 stalks of celery (bite sized pieces)
- 2 thinly sliced carrots
- 1 long hot red pepper
- 1 long hot green pepper
- 2 cups of trimmed snow peas
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon of spicy bean sauce (doubanjiang)
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon of ground white pepper
- Your wok should be heated over medium-high heat. Add garlic, spicy peppers, and hot bean paste for about a minute. Continually stir to avoid scorching.
- Add the remaining vegetables and turn the heat to high. Stir.
- Add salt, white pepper, sesame oil, and shaoxing wine. For another two to three minutes, constantly whisk over high heat. Serve hot off the plate.