FIVE SPICE TOFU STIR-FRY WITH VEGETABLES
The five-spice tofu stir-fry meal has been on our weekly dinner menu for as long as I can remember. Making this dish is a breeze, packed with nutrients and vegetarianism.
- 1 cup of five spice tofu(julienned)
- 1 cup of celery (julienned)
- 1 cup of king oyster mushrooms (julienned)
- 1 cup of dried shiitake mushrooms (julienned)
- 1 cup of carrot (julienned)
- 1 cup of red bell pepper (julienned)
- 4 tsp. of oil
- a pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp. of shaoxing wine
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- a pinch of five spice powder
- a pinch of white pepper
- 2 tsp. of soy sauce
- Tofu and vegetables should be cleaned and julienned.
- In a wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over high heat. The tofu should be crispy and gently browned after 3 minutes of cooking. Place on a cooling rack.
- Toss in 2 more teaspoons of oil and sauté the celery and king oyster mushrooms for 2 minutes. Make the last stir with the remaining vegetables and a dash of sweetener. Stirring continually, cook for two minutes.
- Using a spatula, return the tofu to the pan with the Shaoxing wine and seasonings.
- Serve after cooking for a further three to five minutes.