PAN-FRIED TOFU WITH SOY DIPPING SAUCE
Grandma’s got a new recipe for you, and it’s simple and tasty! You can prepare pan-fried tofu in just a few minutes with this recipe. A beautiful, somewhat crispy texture is achieved when pan-fried before being coated in this delicious sauce. Leaving off the chili sauce will lessen the heat in the sauce.
Whether a tasty side dish or a starter, this pan-fried meal is sure to please. Traditional dishes like mini-quiche and pork-in-a-blanket aren’t the same without tofu. This is just my opinion. Tofu is a food that I adore.
- 450g of firm tofu
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of chili garlic sauce
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
- Tofu should be cut into thin rectangles around 1/2 inch long. Add the tofu after the vegetable oil has heated up in a cast-iron or nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Fry for 7-8 minutes per side, or until they are softly browned on all sides.
- Scallion, soy, garlic, sesame oil, and chili sauce (if using) should all be combined in a small bowl to make the sauce.
- Put the tofu on a plate and add the sauce.