Peach squares are our summertime favorite, and we’re sharing the recipe with you today. This fruit square recipe was given to us by our next-door neighbor, who has been kind enough to share it with us throughout the years. Since then, we’ve made it every summer!
It’s up to you to make this dish your own!
- 1 ½ sticks of chilled butter (½ inch pieces)
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons of chilled vegetable shortening
- 6 tablespoons of ice water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 medium peeled and pitted peaches cut into chunks)
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of sifted all purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of walnut pieces
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. A 9×13-inch pan should be sprayed and floured.
- Add the sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the sifted flour, peaches, and walnuts in two batches, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Make sure that the batter is uniformly distributed in the pan.
- A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean after 35-40 minutes of baking.
- Slice and serve after cooling. (For easier slicing, chill for at least 30 minutes before beginning.) Sugar can be used as an optional finishing touch, so feel free to use it.