I will admit that the name is a mouthful. I thought about coming up with a shorter version, but Sparkling Strawberry Oolong Arnold Palmer is the only name that does this beverage justice.
You can tell because it’s an Arnold Palmer, a hybrid of iced tea and lemonade. However, the “Sparkling Strawberry Oolong” designation truly sets it apart. The Arnold Palmer has a beautiful aroma and flavor thanks to oolong, a fragrant, almost fruity Chinese tea. And who doesn’t love a fizzy drink that tastes like summer, thanks to the addition of strawberries?
Whether you’re having a pool party or a barbecue, this is the perfect drink to enjoy in the fresh air.
Learn the secret to success from this article.
- 4 cups of water
- 2/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of simple syrup
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 pint of washed and hulled strawberries
- 2 ½ cups of sparkling water
- 4-5 teaspoons of loose leaf oolong tea
- strawberry and lemon slices for garnish
- ice cubes
- zest of 4 lemons
- First, bring 4 cups of water to a boil, then steep the tea until it’s cool.
- Put the lemons through a zester and juicer. Next, toss the lemon halves, juice and all, into the teapot while it’s steeping to impart some of the lemony flavor.
- As the tea is brewing, prepare the simple syrup by dissolving the sugar in the water in a medium saucepan over low heat. Put the heat off and add the honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, and strawberries.
- You can use a blender or an immersion blender to combine the ingredients. Set aside to cool.
- Fill a pitcher with the carbonated water. Then, pour the strained tea and strawberry mixture together.
- The drink should be served in glasses with ice. Slice some lemons and strawberries to use as garnish.