Chipotle Lime Chicken is a delicious and juicy grilled chicken recipe created with chipotle chili, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro!
This chipotle lime grilled chicken is insanely good, completely scrumptious, and you’ll want to eat it right off the screen. Just by glancing, I’m sure you’re hungry.
My refrigerator is stocked with limes, cilantro, and plenty of chicken thighs when you marinate chicken (skin on, please) with lots of lime, cilantro, and some heat, like chipotle chile powder, good things happen.
This grilled chicken with CHIPOTLE LIME CHICKEN sauce is incredible. The skin is crispy and slightly burnt, while the chicken meat is moist, juicy, and lemony, bursting with marinade flavors and chipotle chili powder’s distinctive smokey heat.
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN MARINADE INGREDIENTS:
- Juice of lime
- chili powder from Chipotle
- Olive oil
Cover and cook the dish for 5-7 minutes over medium heat before flipping. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 165°F. Chicken is high in protein while low in calories, so it’s a win-win situation. It is quite beneficial in weight-loss regimes.
It is not required to grill this dish. You may make it whenever you like using a cast-iron grill pan or a standard skillet, or bake it for 20-25 minutes at 400°F in the oven. The final product is always spectacular.
The serving size for this recipe is 278 calories. This meal works well as a main course. I offer the following recipes for a healthy supper and a quick midweek dinner.
- Approximately 2 to 2.5 lbs. Skinned chicken thighs (1 kilogram-1.2 kg), deboned
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (fresh)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- honey, 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- slices of lime
HOW TO COOK CHIPOTLE LIME CHICKEN
- Leave the skin on the chicken thighs. Make two slits along the edges of the bone to remove the bones. Clean the chicken by rinsing it in cold water and patting it dry with paper towels. Remove from the equation.
- Whisk the marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Some of the marinades are saved for basting. Then add the chicken to the marinade. Then toss to coat the meat evenly and allow for at least 2 hours of marinating time.
- Fire up the grill and brush a little of the marinade on top of the chicken. Perform this along with the garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno. Grill until golden brown and seared on both sides. Serve right away with fresh lime wedges.
Best served with chicken fried rice.