Chicken Sausage Lettuce Wraps: a flawlessly fried chicken sausage patty wrapped in lettuce that is refreshing and delicious!
I’m ecstatic to be collaborating with Anolon as one of the featured food bloggers for their Facebook campaign “Anolon Cook and Tell.”
Anolon gourmet cookware has always been a favorite of mine.
“I truly wish I could cook with all of the wonderful Anolon cookware set in my kitchen,” I remember thinking as I browsed the Anolon website.
As a result, you can understand how ecstatic I am to be a part of the “Anolon Cook and Tell” campaign in Fall/Winter.
Anolon, one of my friends, was gracious enough to invite me to choose a cookware set for my kitchen.
I chose the Anolon 10-piece Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel Cookware Set and the “Everything Pan,” a Nouvelle Copper 9.50-inch pan with two side handles because copper has superior heat conductivity and heat distribution.
I particularly like the “Everything Pan” because it is compact but reasonably practical, which is ideal for my tiny kitchen.
Everything from stovetop veggie sautés to Asian stir-fries, omelets, an oven-baked casserole, and robust stews may be made with it.
I went out to the market to acquire all the goods and make the chicken sausage lettuce wraps, a dish by Top Chef Dale Talde, as soon as I received the cookware set and Everything Pan from Anolon.
As you can see, the pan is small enough to fit in your hand yet large enough to be used in regular cooking.
The Everything pan browned all the surfaces of the chicken sausage to perfection, as shown in the photos below, thanks to a layer of copper on the bottom that allows for optimal heat conduction and excellent cooking performance.
Wrap each chicken sausage in a lettuce leaf and serve with the dipping sauce (you may use ordinary lettuce, iceberg lettuce, or butterhead lettuce).
These lettuce wraps with chicken sausage are delectable, refreshing, and completely addicting.
You can’t stop eating once you’ve had one!
The good news for readers is that Anolon gives this Everything pan away to one fortunate winner.
To enter to win, go here.
Best of luck!
How many calories per serving?
Each serving of this recipe contains only 174 calories.
What are some ideas for serving this recipe?
I offer the following recipes for a healthy supper and a quick midweek dinner.
SAUCE FOR DIPPING
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce
- lime juice (two teaspoons)
- 1.5 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 Thai chili, seeded and minced
SAUSAGE OF CHICKEN
- 1 pound chicken ground
- 1 Thai chili, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Oyster sauce (1.5 tbsp)
- 1.5 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons oil (vegetable)
- 1 head of butter lettuce
HOW TO COOK: CHICKEN SAUSAGE LETTUCE WRAPS
- As per the Dipping Sauce, whisk all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Place in the fridge or set aside until ready to use.
- Combine the ground chicken, Thai chili, minced shallots, minced garlic, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and tapioca starch in a large mixing bowl. Combine all ingredients with your hands or a spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Dampen your hands with water and roll the chicken sausage mixture into 3″ (7.5cm) diameter balls, placing them on a plate and chilling for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in the Anolon Everyday Pan over medium heat, then gently transfer the chicken sausage patties to the pan and pan-fry until golden brown and cooked through on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with dipping sauce and lettuce leaves wrapped around each chicken sausage.