Chicken Souvlaki: Grilled Greek chicken souvlaki recipe with garlic, yogurt, lemon, and olive oil that is luscious and moist. This dish is the finest chicken on a stick I’ve ever had!
What exactly is souvlaki?
Souvlaki is a traditional Greek dish made of small chunks of meat, and occasionally vegetables skewered on a skewer. Chicken souvlaki is one of my all-time favorite Greek dishes for a straightforward reason: I adore skewered chicken on a stick, grilled to perfection, moist, juicy, and tasty!
Every skewer is roasted to perfection. They’re very enticing and delectable.
Recipe for souvlakia ingredients:
You can create this recipe in no time with just a few easy ingredients:
- Skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Lemon Juice
QUESTIONS THAT ARE REGULARLY ASKED:
What is the variation between souvlakia and gyro?
Meat, onion, tomato, and tzatziki sauce are served on pita bread in a gyro, whereas souvlaki is served on a skewer.
Souvlaki is what kind of meat?
All types of meat, including hog, chicken, beef, and lamb, can make souvlaki.
How many calories are there per serving?
The serving size for this recipe is 385 calories.
What are some ideas for serving this recipe?
This dish is ideally served with a dipping sauce like ranch or tzatziki. I offer the following recipes for a healthy supper and a quick midweek dinner.
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced into cubes (340 g)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil for grilling
- For dipping, ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil (organic)
- 2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt (1/4 teaspoon)
How to cook CHICKEN SOUVLAKI
- Soak the bamboo skewers for one hour in cold water.
- Cut the chicken into 16 cubes, pat dry, and marinate for 30 minutes using the marinade ingredients.
- 4 pieces of chicken meat threaded onto a skewer Make four skewers by repeating the process. Remove from the equation.
- Barbecue the chicken on your outdoor grill (or indoor grill) until it is thoroughly done. Brush the chicken with olive oil before grilling. Serve with ranch dressing on the side.