Chili Garlic Roasted Potatoes. Add a little heat to your garlic roasted potatoes by sprinkling them with chili powder. You won’t be able to stop eating this cheesy, buttery delight!
I’m a huge fan of roasted baby potatoes and other potato dishes. I prefer them roasted whole, cut into wedges, or sliced into hasselback potatoes like this chili garlic roasted potato. To be exact, I enjoy roasted potatoes with a bit of heat in addition to the usual such as garlic, olive oil, butter, honey, and lemon.
There’s really nothing like this chili garlic roasted potatoes recipe if you enjoy your potatoes creamy, garlicky, buttery, and spicy.
This recipe is perfect because I enjoy a little heat in my cuisine. They are delicious and enhance the flavor of any food they are served with.
A wide variety of chili powders are available for purchase. To spice things up, I used chili powder from Korea. Paprika is another option.
Do you want to spice things up a bit in the kitchen and offer new flavors to your taste buds? Take advantage of the time off and make the most of your weekend with only 211 calories per serving.
- 1 kg of baby potatoes
- 2 garlic heads
- 4 tablespoons of melted salted butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of paprika or Korean chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
HOW TO COOK CHILI GARLIC ROASTED POTATOES
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- The baby potatoes should be well rinsed and cleaned. Using paper towels, thoroughly dry the surface. Slit the potatoes horizontally, but don’t cut all the way through. The wooden spoon of a ladle can be used to slice each potato without risking slicing right through the potato’s skin. Place the potatoes in a large basin and set them aside.
- Keep the garlic’s skin on when separating the cloves. Chili powder, lemon juice, and salt are all good additions to melted butter. Stir continuously until the mixture is smooth. Bring the potatoes and garlic cloves to the butter mixture. Toss thoroughly to coat.
- Spread out the potatoes in a single layer on a sheet pan. Using the rest of the butter mixture, coat the potato slits.
- Toss the potatoes in the oven and roast for 35 minutes. Remove the potatoes out from the oven and cover them with cheddar cheese once they’ve cooled. Allow the dish to roast for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve the potatoes hot, straight from the oven, with fresh parsley on top.