Chili Garlic Shrimp. Shrimp appetizers have never been so good. This recipe for Spanish chile-garlic shrimp is incredible!
This past break, I took on an incredible European vacation. I began my adventure in Barcelona. Every day, I feasted on delicious Spanish tapas. The seafood dishes in particular were a hit with the whole family. There was never a terrible one!
After all these years, I still miss the meal since I am a huge fan of shrimp and the burst of flavor it provides.
So, I went back to the Saveur magazine recipe I had saved and tweaked it to my satisfaction. As a result, I was transported to Spain’s tapas restaurants as soon as I took a bite.
Because this chili garlic shrimp recipe is effortless to make, it’s one of our favorites. A few and easy to find ingredients are all you’ll need for this recipe. These Gambas Al Ajillo are a great appetizer or a starter for a party for New Year’s Eve. Garlic and chili shrimp in olive oil are a surefire way to impress your guests!
Each serving of this recipe has only 364 calories. Try it now!
- 600 g of shelled and deveined shrimp, tail-on
- 6 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- French bread (optional as a side dish)
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon of chili flakes
HOW TO COOK CHILI GARLIC SHRIMP
- Place the skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in oil, garlic, and chili flakes and cook until garlic is browned for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and salt to taste. Stir the shrimp until they are cooked through to their desired crispiness. Serve immediately with a slice of French bread and the parsley mixture.