Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup. A simple and hearty noodle soup recipe made with chicken broth, noodles, and green leafy vegetables. Delicious hearty lunch!
NOODLE SOUP IN CHINESE
There are numerous types of Chinese noodle soup, but chicken noodle soup is one of the most popular. It’s typically made with homemade or canned chicken broth, chicken, and vegetables.
This quick and easy recipe will teach you how to make this fantastic, hearty, and comforting noodle soup.
CHINESE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP WITH THE BEST NOODLES
Noodles are available in two varieties: dry and fresh. If you are unfamiliar with Chinese noodles, it may not be easy to decide which noodles to use for this recipe.
Always get fresh wheat noodles if you have access to Asian markets. Depending on your preferences, you can use skinny or thick noodles.
HEARTY CHINESE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP IN DIFFERENT VERSIONS
If fresh noodles are unavailable, packaged wheat or egg noodles will suffice. Rice noodles or maifun can also be used. Dry lo mein will also work.
When using dry noodles, always follow the directions on the package to prepare the noodles.
The secret ingredient in this delectable recipe is garlic oil, which infuses the chicken broth with the rich aroma of fried garlic. One of my favorite vegetables is baby bok choy because of its crisp and leafy texture.
Because most people do not have homemade chicken broth on hand, canned chicken broth will suffice.
How many calories are there per serving?
The calories in this recipe are only 237 per serving.
- 8 ounces fresh noodles (226 g)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (store-bought or homemade)
- half a cup of water
- 4 sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 4 carrot slices
- 4 bok choy baby
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- season with salt to taste
- 4 ounces (115 g) chicken, boiled, cooked, and shredded by hand
HOW TO COOK CHINESE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- First, prepare your noodles by boiling them until they are al dente. Drain and set aside the noodles after rinsing them under running water.
- Stir-fry the garlic until it turns light to a golden brown to make the garlic oil. Place aside.
- Boil the chicken broth and water to produce the broth. Toss in the mushrooms, carrot, baby bok choy, white pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat once they’re done.
- In a bowl, garnish the noodle with shredded chicken to serve. Ladle the soup over the noodles and drizzle with the garlic oil. Serve right away. If desired, serve with sliced red chilies in soy sauce.