Chinese Chicken Salad: This is a simple, healthy, and delicious salad with chicken breast, Chinese dressing, and wonton strips.
SALAD WITH CHINESE CHICKEN THAT’S EASY TO MAKE
Chinese Chicken Salad is one of my favorite salads to make—a simple green mix with grilled chicken in a delicious and tangy homemade Chinese dressing.
I enjoy creating light, clean, and tasty salads as part of my healthy living lifestyle. There’s no better time to prepare salads than now, when farmers’ markets are springing all over the place, offering a wide variety of fresh food from your local farmers.
SALAD WITH CHINESE CHICKEN AT ITS BEST
The colorful salad with cabbage, carrots, cucumber, and mixed salad greens is one of my favorites. The bright color immediately piques my hunger.
For Chinese chicken salad, grilled chicken is always a good choice. I like the fried wonton strips on top of my salad, which give it a great crispy feel.
DRESSING FOR CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
My secret Chinese chicken salad dressing, which is sesame ginger salad dressing filled with exquisite tastes, will not be complete without it.
When you want a refreshing salad, try this recipe!
How many calories are there in each serving?
Each serving of this recipe has only 226 calories.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast fillet (0.4 kilograms)
- 3 cups salad greens (mixed)
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 peeled, deseeded, and julienned cucumber
- Optional: 3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Optional: 1 sliced piece of fried tofu
- 5 wrappers for wontons
- 2 cups vegetable oil for crispy wontons
DRESSING FOR SESAME GINGER SALAD:
- a half cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seed oil
- 2 inch peeled and minced ginger
- 2-3 garlic bulbs, peeled and minced
- 1 scallion stalk (cut into thin rounds)
- 1 peeled and chopped tiny shallot
- red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp.
- 2 tblsp rice wine vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon gently toasted sesame seeds
HOW TO COOK CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
- After whisking together all of the salad dressing ingredients, set it aside for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For 30 minutes, marinate the chicken in salt, black pepper, and 2 1/2 tablespoons Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing. Before cooking, discard the marinade.
- 3. Sear the chicken (both sides) in a pan until it is entirely done. Remove the chicken and let it cool. Thinly slice the meat.
- Each wonton wrapper is to be cut into eight strips. In a wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Deep-fry the wonton strips in the hot oil until golden brown. Using a strainer, remove the contents of the wok and drain them on paper towels. Remove from the equation.
- Combine the salad greens, carrot, cucumber, chicken, and Sesame Ginger dressing in a large mixing dish. Toss thoroughly.
- Serve immediately after chilling for 5 minutes and garnishing with crispy wonton strips.