Coffee Ice Cream. A rich and creamy recipe for coffee ice cream. It’s a joy to make, and the results are delicious and fragrant.
Many of you probably like a coffee or two.
Although I’ve spent a lot of money at coffee shops, I opted to create my own ice cream coffee this summer and only have to walk over to my fridge to get my fix.
This is an excellent concept for the summer when ice cream is a must-have.
To make this coffee ice cream, I just used the granules on hand.
The intense aroma and flavor of coffee permeate the creamy, thick ice cream. I’m a huge coffee fan!
Make a quarter of these and put them in the freezer so you may have a cup of coffee whenever you like!
Only 114 calories are in each serving.
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups of while milk
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee granules
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- Chocolate powder
- Mix the cream, milk, sugar, and coffee in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil. Remove from fire.
- In a container, whisk together the egg yolks until fluffy. Combine the egg yolks with 1 cup of hot cream.
- Add the egg mixture to the heated cream in a slow, steady stream, mixing well after each addition. Stirring occasionally, cook the mixture until it reaches 170°F (76°C) and coats the back of a spoon for about five minutes, based on an instant-read thermometer. A fine mesh strainer should be used to remove the solids from the liquid. Keep skin from forming by pressing down on the plastic wrap.
- Freeze in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours before using.
- Serve immediately in an ice cream maker after removing from the freezer. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for freezing. The ice cream should be kept in an airtight container after making it.
- Wrap firmly and store in the freezer until you’re ready to eat. Add a dash of cocoa powder to finish.