Carrots Roasted in Brown Butter and Maple Syrup are soft, sweet, and wonderfully roasted with maple syrup, brown butter, and garlic herb. It simply requires ten minutes of active time. So delicious!
In the kitchen, maple syrup is a magical ingredient. Apart from pancakes and waffles, maple syrup transforms everyday items into highly acclaimed meals; it imparts a delightful flavor to foods, such as oven-roasted carrots with maple syrup.
Brown butter is butter that has been cooked over low heat. As the butter melts, it begins to froth and changes color to a golden brown.
While I like honey and use it frequently in my cooking, maple syrup is unquestionably healthier. It has less sugar or fructose.
Both are natural sugar substitutes; however, maple syrup contains fewer calories than honey.
I enjoy both honey and maple syrup when roasting carrots. Both provide a natural sweetness to carrots and improve their natural flavor.
I believe maple syrup is more manageable. It’s thin and simpler to pour from the bottle, even if the bottle is refrigerated.
Anyway, it’s Autumn, and I enjoy the natural scent of maple syrup in my cuisine. Brown Butter Maple Roasted Carrots raise standard carrots to a new level.
Brown butter offers a toasted, nutty taste that mixes exceptionally well with maple syrup.
This dish is quite simple. To begin, you begin on the stovetop. Sauté garlic in brown butter until fragrant; add carrots, maple syrup, salt, black pepper, and herbs (I used thyme and Italian parsley).
The carrots are then roasted till soft. Try it! I guarantee that even the most finicky eater will enjoy these carrots!
This recipe has a low-calorie count of 143 calories per serving. I offer the following dishes for a balanced supper and a simple evening dinner.
- 1 pound (0.4 kg) carrots
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sodium chloride
- 3 sprigs freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp thyme and 1 tbsp Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 degrees Celsius). Drain and set aside the tiny carrots after rinsing them under cold running water.
- 2. Melt the butter in an oven-safe pan (cast-iron is ideal). Once the butter begins to bubble, and the color turns light brown, it becomes brown butter.
- Sauté for a few seconds before adding the garlic, carrots, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Carrots cooked with brown butter and maple syrup.
- Roast the carrots for 15 – 20 minutes, or until they are tender and soft. Serve right away.