Sweet, tender, and buttery roasted carrots have never tasted so good. Takes 10 minutes to prepare with only five ingredients!
Because it’s springtime, fresh fruits and vegetables are abundant.
In the spring, I especially enjoy visiting my local farmers market.
Colorful vegetables, fruits, herbs, and greens have a calming effect on my mind.
I bought a bag of baby carrots since they were remarkably tender and fresh at the market.
Roasted carrots are the best thing you can make with fresh young carrots.
This recipe for roasted carrots with butter and brown sugar is a cinch to make and yields beautiful results.
It only requires five (5) ingredients and 10 minutes of active time to make.
It’s a breeze and a snap!
COOKING BROWN SUGAR ROASTED CARROTS: WHAT TO DO?
You only need some baby carrots, garlic, brown sugar, butter, and salt to make this dish.
I prefer tender carrots, so I baked them in the oven at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Roast your carrots for 35-40 minutes if they are a little larger than the recommended size.
With that, you’ve got an easy and delicious recipe for roasted carrots that you can use any time of year.
As an added bonus, they’re ideal for special occasions like Thanksgiving!
Each serving of this recipe has only 229 calories.
- 400 g of baby carrots
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Lemon wedges
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (207 degrees Celsius).
- Add the carrots, melted butter, garlic, brown sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix well. Mix everything up thoroughly.
- Carrots should be roasted for 30-40 minutes in an oven-safe skillet (preferably cast iron).
- Remove the carrots when you’re ready to serve and garnish with parsley and lemon slices, if preferred.
- Serve the carrots with a squeeze of lemon juice.
You can use a glass bakeware or a parchment-lined baking sheet to spread the carrots out evenly if you don’t have an oven-safe pan.