Cheddar Garlic Knots is a cheesy, buttery garlic knot that anybody can prepare as a side dish in less than 20 minutes from prep to the dinner table!
I’ve been baking at least once or twice a week since my kid started pre-school.
Nothing fancy or complicated here; simply baking of garlic herb cheese bombs, cheesy crescent rolls, honey butter clover rolls, and cheesy pull-apart bread, among other things.
I enjoy creating easy and quick snacks for little G to take to school.
I’m revisiting some classic recipes and adding them to my baking roaster.
The cheddar garlic knots have the same garlicky and buttery taste as the regular garlic knots but are enhanced by the addition of grated cheddar cheese.
We are all aware of how satisfying it is when the cheese melts and develops a cheesy crust.
This cheddar garlic knots dish is really simple to prepare since you can use store-bought pizza dough.
I purchased mine at Trader Joe’s, but the frozen dough is available at most grocery shops and Walmart. This recipe has a low-calorie count of 49 calories per serving.
- 1 pound (0.4 kg) all-purpose flour, thawed at room temperature, for dusting and rolling out dough
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely minced salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, Italian flat-leaf, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough (use a rolling pin if available) on a lightly floured surface to create an 8-inch square. If the dough is too stiff, stretch it with your hands. Cut the dough in half to create two rectangles, then cut each rectangle into 12 strips.
- Each strip should be tied into a knot and then arranged on the prepared baking pans.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then move the baking sheet and bake for an additional 5 minutes (preferably until the knots are golden brown and thoroughly cooked).
- Combine the olive oil, butter, garlic, and salt in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, occasionally stirring, until the butter has melted and the mixture has warmed. Take the pan off the heat and whisk in the parsley.
- Brush the cooked knots with the garlic mixture and sprinkle each knot with cheddar cheese. Continue baking for a few minutes more, or until the cheese has melted. Serve soon after removing from the oven.