An easy recipe for deliciously cooked prawns with distinctive lemongrass flavors!
How are you spending your summer thus far?
If you’re anything like me, you’ve been busy burning up your grills and throwing pool parties with your friends and family.
If you’re in the market for new ideas, let me tempt you with my future Asian-inspired barbeque dishes.
You can start with this delicious lemongrass grilled shrimp with a spicy Sriracha-marinated fish sauce, garlic, and chili-calamansi (or lime) dipping sauce.
That’s great, isn’t it?
However, don’t miss my upcoming postings on Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce and Lobster Roll!
Even though this Vietnamese-style lemongrass grilled shrimp takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, this dish has a flavor that you won’t be able to put your finger on.
Lemongrass is a crucial ingredient in this dish, and it’s what gives the grilled shrimp skewers their distinct aroma and flavor.
In addition to bringing out the salty sweetness of fresh shrimp, the fish sauce and garlic marinade are enhanced by the spicy heat of Sriracha.
As I enthusiastically pulled the lemongrass grilled shrimp from my new grill, Mr. Rasa Malaysia (who is tragically allergic to shrimp) kept repeating, “smells so lovely.
This dish was a hit when I drizzled the shrimp with the juice from the calamansi my buddy had given me.
There aren’t many finer lemongrass and Sriracha grilled shrimp recipes than this one, in my opinion.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 77 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- CARAMEL SHRIMP (VIETNAMESE TOM RIM)
- BEAN CURD SKIN WITH SHRIMP
- CRAB WITH TAMARIND AND CHILI
- BANH MI
- 6 metal skewers or bamboo skewers, soak in water before using
- oil for brushing
- 1 lb. tiger prawn or jumbo prawn, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1 big clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 lemongrass, white part only, grated
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
CHILI-CALAMANSI DIPPING SAUCE (OPTIONAL):
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 small extracted calamansi, or 1 wedge of lime
- Cold running water can be used to wash the shrimp. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl and pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrmip marinade ingredients. Toss with the shrimp until well-combined. 15 minutes of marinating are sufficient. Each skewer should have three shrimp on it. Spread some oil on the shrimp’s shell. Grill the shrimp until they’re blackened and cooked through on both sides over high heat. Serve with the dipping sauce right away (optional).