To make the most delicate grilled chicken wings ever marinate the wings in lemongrass and Asian spices. It’s simple and delicious.
Summer barbecues aren’t complete without BBQ wings on the menu.
When it comes to grilling, nothing beats a good old-fashioned chicken wing.
Chicken wings marinated in lemongrass and fish sauce are among the tastiest grilled or bbq chicken wings recipes. This Vietnamese-inspired dish is on the menu.
Lemongrass, fish sauce, garlic, honey, and black pepper are all you need to make this dish. Overnight, marinate the wings in the refrigerator, then grill them the next day.
Instead of grilling these wings, you can bake them in the oven and then broil them for a few minutes to achieve the charred look. You may also cook on the stovetop in a grill pan.
If you can, purchase smaller party wings for the chicken. I often search for “party wings” when hosting a BBQ because today’s wings are large.
The party wings are tiny, but they’re still full of flavor. As a result, they are ideal for grilling since they cook quickly and are done before they burn.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 321 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- CHILI LIME GRILLED CHICKEN
- BEAN CURD SKIN WITH SHRIMP
- CARAMEL SHRIMP
- SHRIMP KEBAB
- 2 tablespoons grated lemongrass
- 2 stalks lemongrass, (pounded)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. (0.6 kg) tiny chicken wings, party wings
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- Grate the white part of the lemongrass, roughly 2 teaspoons, with a grater like the Microplane. Use a 4-inch length of lemongrass and smash it with the back of a knife to release the taste and perfume it contains.
- After rinsing the chicken wings in cold water, pat them dry with paper towels. Add all ingredients to a large Ziploc bag with the chicken wings. Before serving, ensure the wings are thoroughly covered in the fish sauce and lemongrass mixture. Place in refrigerator for one night to allow the flavors to come together more fully.
- The next day, light up the grill. On both sides, grill the wings until thoroughly charred and golden brown. Serve at once.
- Adding extra chicken wings does not necessitate an exact increase in fish sauce. It’s essential to remember that fish sauce has a high salt content. Before baking these wings, make sure your oven is preheated to 350F or 180C. Broil for about one to two minutes at a high temperature for a charred finish.