This delicious buttery marble cake is baked from scratch. Deep chocolate taste in an easy-to-follow recipe for a marble cake. Every morsel is dripping with luscious chocolate. 5 out of 5 stars.
MARBLE CAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
One of my favorite desserts is marble cake.
There are chocolate swirls in the cake that are rich, moist, and buttery. Indulge in every mouthful of this luscious chocolate cake.
It goes well with a cup of coffee or tea, and I enjoy it whenever I’m in the mood for something sweet.
The simplest and best marble cake recipe ever made, adapted from my butter cake recipe. Taste-wise, it’s a perfect 5.
HOW TO MAKE MARBLE CAKE?
There are only a few ingredients you’ll need to make this cake mix:
- Cocoa powder
- Unsalted butter
- All-purpose flour
It’s time for some cocoa powder to be incorporated into your chocolate dough. Take note of the recipe card’s instructions and discover how to achieve the cake’s marbled effect.
MARBLE CAKE WITHOUT CHOCOLATE
The cake can be made using chocolate, but I prefer the convenience of cocoa powder.
The flavor of chocolate remains unaltered by the addition of cocoa powder.
Rich, buttery, and choco-flavorful, this cake is a sure bet when made with this recipe.
Here are some tried-and-true suggestions to help you create this dish:
- Using plenty of butter, grease the pan and bake as directed.
- Before baking, always double and stack two pans together, no matter how big they are. These steps will help ensure that the crust is not too dense and that the cake is not too thick in texture.
- At the 20-minute mark, cover the top of the cake with foil. This will ensure that the cake’s top isn’t overly browned while baking.
- The cake should cool in the pan for 30 minutes before being removed. This prevents the cake’s bottom from sticking to the pan.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I USE SOUR CREAM?
- Definitely, the addition of sour cream to marble cake makes it even moister. Replace the milk with an equal sour cream in the recipe (4 tablespoons).
WHAT CAKE PAN TO USE FOR HOMEMADE MARBLE CAKE?
- Because I enjoy receiving small packages, I cooked the cake in mini loaf pans. The batter yields three tiny loaf pans full of bread.
- Alternatively, a conventional loaf pan (9×5 inches) or a rectangular cake pan (9×9 inches), or an 8×8-inch square pan can be used.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 373 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
This dish goes perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea. Here are some ideas for an afternoon tea gathering.
- BANANA CAKE
- CHEESE PUFFS (GOUGERES)
- MADELEINE RECIPE
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 7 oz. (200 g or scant 1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 oz. (200 g or 1 cup) sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- The oven should be preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter can be used to lightly oil a frying pan.
- Sieve the flour after mixing it with the baking powder. Mix in the salt thoroughly. Remove from consideration.
- An electric hand mixer will ensure that the butter and sugar are well combined. Begin by adding the first egg to the mixture. Beat thoroughly after adding an egg until the mixture is smooth and emulsified. Then, add the vanilla extract after scraping the sides. Mix thoroughly before adding the flour. Incorporate the milk.
- Two equal quantities of batter should be made. In one portion, add cocoa powder to the mixture and combine thoroughly. Grease a baking pan and pour the simple batter into it. To ensure uniform distribution, give it a gentle shake. Swirl the chocolate batter with a butter knife once it’s been poured into the center of the baking sheet. It’s not unusual for me to use the butter knife to make an “S” shape several times. Do not overmix.
- About 40 minutes of baking time is required for a golden brown and cooked result. Using aluminum foil at the 20-minute mark will help prevent the cake’s top from becoming too brown and crusty.
- Insert a cake tester into the cake to check for doneness. If the cake’s middle is still wet, bake it longer. Before serving, let the dish cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Slice and serve shortly after removing from the pan.
- This cake was made with three tiny loaf pans. To create this recipe, you’ll need a loaf pan (9×5 inches), a square pan (9×9 inches or 8×8 inches), or a round pan.
- Reduce the chocolate to a third of the batter if desired. To make the batter even more decadent, stir in 1 tablespoon chocolate powder.