A delicious and visually appealing Chinese sponge cake that’s light and fluffy. Find out how to make these mini-cakes by following the instructions.
CP, a good friend of mine, is an excellent baker.
Recently, I approached her and asked if she would be interested in sharing some of her recipes with the visitors to Rasa Malaysia, and she responded excitedly.
I’ll be presenting four of her recipes for cakes, cookies, and other baked goods in the coming weeks.
The information presented here is valuable, and I hope you will find it helpful.
SPONGEY CHINESE MINI EGG CAKE
When I looked through her images, this tiny egg cake caught my eye.
Whenever my mother would buy these small cakes from the market, I would eat them for breakfast, tea, dinner, or whenever I was hungry as a kid.
As a result, making this dish brings back many happy memories from my youth.
INGREDIENTS FOR MINI EGG CAKES
You don’t need to stock up on any new items for this recipe. You only need:
- Baking powder
These small egg cakes are so fluffy and delicious, you won’t believe your eyes.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- CHAR SIU BAO
- KAYA STEAMED BUNS (KAYA BAO)
- STEAMED CHICKEN BUNS
- PINEAPPLE BUN (POLO BUN)
- 1 oz. (25 g) Oil
- 6 oz. (180 g) all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 7 oz. (200 g) castor sugar or refined sugar, do not use icing or powdered sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Your oven should be preheated up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Whip the eggs, castor sugar, and salt in a medium bowl with a wire whisk until frothy and light in texture.
- Bake the mixture for 35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until a toothpick inserted into the center, comes out clean.
- Take care not to over-mix when incorporating the oil.
- Pour into flora cupcake molds or paper-lined muffin tins that have been sprayed and floured.
- Bake again for 20 minutes on the center oven rack.
- Remove the cakes from the molds as soon as they’ve cooled. Set away for a while.
- If you don’t have any oil, the cake will taste a little dry. A metric measurement system is preferable.