This simple meal wrapped fresh lettuce leaves around juicy and moist ground chicken. P. F. Chang’s is always superior to home-cooked food.
HEALTHY CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
The lettuce wraps at P.F. Chang’s are a must-try for any fan of Chinese cuisine. They are served with a flavorful and tasty dipping sauce of ground chicken wrapped in fresh lettuce leaves.
They may be made at home for a nutritious weekday dinner and serve as an excellent appetizer.
HOW DO YOU MAKE LETTUCE ROLLS OUT OF?
Hoisin sauce is one of the key ingredients, along with chicken and fresh lettuce. Ground chicken with your choice of iceberg or butter lettuce is a must-have.
HOW DO YOU CUT THE LETTUCE?
Make sure you buy ahead of iceberg or butter lettuce. Remove the stem at the base. Wrapping a leaf requires that you separate each leaf into individual pieces. If the leaves are huge, cut them in half. On the other hand, butter lettuce has smaller leaves, so you don’t need to chop them.
THE BEST LETTUCE WRAPS SAUCE
I combine Chinese Hoisin sauce with Sriracha for the sauce on the wraps since I like it hot and delicious. Dilute and stir in warm water to make the sauce a little more fluid.
Lettuce is wrapped around the ground chicken, and sauce is drizzled on top.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
- Soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, and scallions should all be mixed into the ground chicken before cooking.
- Prepare the dipping sauces by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- In a wok, sauté the ground chicken mixture for about 2 minutes until it’s fully cooked.
- Assemble the salad by carefully peeling off the iceberg lettuce leaves. Make sure you don’t damage the foliage.
- Chicken and sauce can be served on a lettuce leaf with a simple drizzle on top.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 280 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- LOTUS ROOT SOUP
- EGG ROLL
- HONEY WALNUT SHRIMP
- BRAISED BEAN CURD WITH MUSHROOMS (FIRM TOFU)
- 2- inch piece peeled carrots, diced into tiny squares
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 3 dashes ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dark soy sauce for coloring purposes
- 1 stalk scallion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 fresh and cold butter lettuce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Chinese Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
HOISIN DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
SWEET CHILI SAUCE:
- Some cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tablespoons Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce
- Mix the marinade ingredients with the ground chicken and vegetables. Allow 15 minutes for this.
- Set aside the dipping sauces. Add the frying oil to a wok or skillet and heat it up. Garlic should be browned before the chicken is added. Cook the ground chicken in a skillet, breaking up any lumps that appear so that the chunks are uniform in size. Stir-fry the chicken for a further few minutes or until it is entirely done. Set aside the dish.
- Remove the iceberg lettuce head’s lettuce leaves with care. Make sure you don’t damage the foliage. A generous portion of chicken should be spooned into the center of each lettuce leaf and served right away. Put some hoisin-ponzu or sweet chili sauce on it before you start eating. Alternatively, you can serve the chicken with the sauce already on top.