Incredibly pleasant and fruity popsicles can be made at home in a snap.
This year has flown by so quickly, can you believe it?
Cyber Monday, Black Friday, and the holiday season are all quickly approaching.
This recipe for popsicles is for you to enjoy while summer is still around.
In Malaysia, where I grew up, we ate a lot of popsicles.
We used to get colorful, exotic-tasting popsicles made with Penang’s abundant fruit back home for dirt cheap in Penang.
The popsicle is flavored with fruits like mangoes, longan (dragon eye fruit), lychees, rambutan, etc.
They’re always delicious and a refreshing change from the sweltering heat.
You can’t go wrong with longan, mango, and pomegranate in this popsicle.
My 22-month-old son, Baby G, was a big fan of the treats I prepared over the weekend.
For the rest of the night, he kept calling out for “more, more.”
Try this recipe for stay-at-home parents and have a popsicle with your kids before the summer is over.
Choose lychees, rambutans, or longans from your local Asian grocery to include in the popsicle; I’m confident your child will enjoy the new flavor and texture of these exotic fruits.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 24 calories.
- 12 ice cream sticks
- 12 4 “x4” aluminum foil squares
- 18 oz. (530 ml) pomegranate juice
- 12.5 oz. (370 ml) Dixie paper cups
- 18 oz. (530 ml) mango juice
- 1 can longan with syrup
- Each paper cup should have one or two longan fruits in it. Make sure to add 3 teaspoons of longan syrup (1.5 ounces). Freeze the paper cups for at least two to three hours, leveled, on a tray.
- Remove from the freezer and fill each paper cup with 3 teaspoons of mango juice. Wrap a 4″x4″ square of aluminum foil around the top of each paper cup. The ice cream stick will fit through the slit in the center. The slit in the ice cream stick should be used to insert the stick. Refrigerate for another 2 to 3 hours before transferring to a baking tray and freezing.
- After the second layer has frozen, remove the foil and fill each cup with 3 tablespoons of pomegranate juice. Remove the aluminum foil squares and freeze for another 2-3 hours.
- Remove the paper cups from the freezer when you’re ready to serve. Slide the popsicles out of the paper cups by holding on to the ice cream stick as you reheat the sides with your palm. Prepare the food and serve it right away.
- Fruit juices can be used in place of water if desired.