GARLIC PARMESAN MASHED POTATOES
Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes is the best potato recipe, laden with butter, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. So delicious!
A potato side dish is usually a crowd favorite, and I’ve got the ideal recipe for you.
While I have several potato dishes, crushed potatoes have an entirely distinct feel. Potatoes are first cooked and then smashed flat.
They are then drizzled with garlic butter and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese before being roasted in the oven.
Thus, you will get the best of both worlds: crispy edges from roasting and a greater surface area of potatoes covered with garlic butter and cheese. This recipe has a low-calorie count of 270 calories per serving.
- Boiling water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 lb. (1 kg) infant potatoes
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon sodium chloride
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. parsley, preferably Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (207 degrees Celsius).
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil —season with salt. Ten minutes before serving, boil the baby potatoes: drain and reserve.
- Combine the butter, salt, garlic, and parsley in a basin. Stir well to combine. Recommendations agree that arranging the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet will yield the best results. As suggested, use the bottom of a small saucepan or a flat-bottomed cup to flatten each potato. Brush a liberal amount of garlic butter mixture on top of each potato, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until the potatoes’ edges is crispy and golden brown (it will take around 20 minutes). Serve immediately!