Garlic Pesto – THE ULTIMATE handmade pesto prepared with garlic, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pine nuts.
This garlic pesto is fantastic with potatoes, spaghetti, and more!
Pesto is one of my favorite foods. I always order pesto-based dishes, whether appetizers, pasta, pizza, steak, or seafood, when I go out.
If you’ve never made pesto before, you owe it to yourself to give it a try.
It’s pretty simple to prepare and only requires a few simple ingredients: fresh basil, pine nuts, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese.
It goes well with potatoes, spaghetti, meat, and shellfish– very remarkable!
This recipe has a low-calorie count of 359 calories per serving.
- 2 cups fresh Italian basil leaves with short stems, neatly packed
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
- Water Season with salt to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Combine the basil, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese in a food processor. Blend well. Carefully pour the olive oil into the food processor. If the pesto is too thick, thin it with warm water. Remove the pesto from the heat and season with salt and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Now the pesto is ready to serve.