GARLIC-PROSCIUTTO BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Garlic-Prosciutto Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Smoky Prosciutto Saute in a skillet and finish in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Autumn has here, and it’s time to prepare some delectable and straightforward Fall vegetable dishes, including brussels sprouts, butternut squash, cauliflower, and broccoli.
Roasting brussels sprouts in the oven or sautéing them in a skillet is one of the simplest ways to prepare them.
I like a blend of the two. I usually begin with a pan on the stovetop and then transfer it to the oven for a fast roast.
I believe roasting my brussels sprouts this way is speedier and more flavorful; moreover, by cooking them on the stovetop first, I can incorporate things like prosciutto or bacon, which adds a lot of flavor and subtlety to this basic recipe. Double victory!
The degree of completion is entirely subjective. I want my brussels sprouts to be bite-size while reasonably firm and crunchy, so vary the roasting time in the oven to achieve the texture you desire.
Brussels sprouts with garlic and prosciutto make an excellent side dish for feasts and special holiday events. This recipe has a calorie count of 225 per serving.
- 2 oz. (56 g) prosciutto, sliced
- 2–3 tbsp. melted butter
- Brussels sprouts, 12 oz. (340 g), ends cut and yellow leaves thrown
- 2 garlic cloves salt to taste
- 3 sprigs freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (207 degrees Celsius).
- Heat a little amount of butter in a pan and sauté the prosciutto until crispy. Place them to one side of the skillet using the spatula.
- Sauté the garlic in the remaining butter until fragrant and slightly browned. Stir in the brussels sprouts and prosciutto until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Carefully add another tablespoon of melted butter if the mixture is too dry.
- Roast the skillet in the oven for 8 minutes. Serve right away.