PARMESAN GARLIC NOODLES
This is a simple and delicious spaghetti dish with garlic and Parmesan cheese. In about 20 minutes, you can make this Parmesan Garlic Noodles recipe.
My son’s favorite food isn’t Asian rice and noodles because I specialize in Asian recipes. Sadly, the answer is the total reverse of what you’d expect. Despite the fact that the picky eater dislikes rice, Asian stir-fries, and Asian noodles, he has no interest in eating any of them. A mother’s disappointment is understandable, and I can only hope that one day, his palette would open up to the delights of Asian cuisine and eat like me.
Pizza, macaroni, cheese, and pasta are his three favorite foods at the moment. He’s from the USA! We eat pasta and pizza at least 2-3 times every week.
Even though I miss my spicy Malaysian food and the excellent Asian food, I refuse to make two sets of dinners for him and for us, so we’ve begun adopting his palate instead. He requested Parmesan Garlic Noodles every week, without fail. Garlic Parmesan Noodles are one of those meals that I enjoy making for him (and for myself) since it’s so quick and simple to put together, only requiring a few common pantry staples and a few minutes of my time. Plus, we can add any type of protein we want to the dish.
My favorite Asian cuisine is Korean Kalbi, which we can readily procure in Irvine from any of the numerous Korean restaurants or supermarkets. No one can fault me for enjoying a plate of ginger garlic roasted chicken (see my recipe here) or miso-glazed fish with the noodles.
My Parmesan Garlic Noodles recipe, on the other hand, is very easy to make and can be served with any side dish or protein of your choice, making it ideal for entertaining. To accompany the noodles, I whipped up some shrimp wrapped in bacon and mashed potatoes with pumpkin.
It was a lovely experience, and we all had a wonderful dinner together. I have a second Asian garlic noodle dish that’s just as good..
There are just 553 calories in one serving of this meal.
- 226 g of spaghetti or linguine
- 60 g of butter
- 5 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley
- Noodles should be cooked until al dente according to the instructions on the package. Drain and put away in a separate container.
- Slowly heat the butter and olive oil in a big skillet, stirring often.
- Garlic should be browned and fragrant before being added to the dish.
- Stir in the noodles and mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust the amount of salt.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese when the pan has been taken off the heat. Cheddar and parsley are perfect garnishes for this dish.
- Serve at once.
Instead of salt, I occasionally use half a tablespoon of oyster sauce instead to flavor the noodles.