PARMESAN SWEET POTATO FRIES
Sweet potatoes covered with Parmesan cheese and fried to perfection are the ideal side dish. They’re also really simple to make.
An air fryer has been on my want list for a long time, so I was thrilled to finally own one. There aren’t many individuals who enjoy deep-frying food because it wastes oil and is a pain to clean because it is so oily. Thanks to air-frying, we can now enjoy air-fried foods like spring rolls, fries, fish, chicken nuggets, and even nuggets!
I’ve been making fried dishes with my new gadget ever since I got it. Sweet potato fries are a family favorite since they’re quick and easy to prepare, and even my finicky eater son enjoys them as a side dish.
A few days ago, I whipped up a batch of Parmesan sweet potato fries for him because he’s a big fan of cheese. Sweet potato fries that aren’t overly oily are the final product. The Philips Viva Digital Air Fryer is one of my favorite kitchen appliances since it uses so little oil—just one tablespoon—and cleans up so easily. Just disassemble the frying basket and tray, and they’re ready for the dishwasher. There’s no greasy mess because there’s so little oil involved…
Everyone and everything is going great for me, and I can’t get enough of it. I’m sure I’ll be using the Philips air fryer over and over again to prepare the fried dishes that I enjoy without feeling guilty.
Each serving of this recipe contains only 484 calories.
- 1 kg of sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Chopped parsley
- Sweet potatoes should be peeled, rinsed, and sliced lengthwise. Soak for 30-minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towels after draining the water.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with salt and olive oil in a large basin.
- The air fryer should be preheated to 330°F (165°C) before using. Cook the potatoes till crisp for 5 minutes in the frying basket.
- Before placing on wire rack, cool for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- Replace the sweet potatoes in the basket, raise the heat to 390°F (198°C). Cook for 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Using a spatula, gently remove the sweet potato fries from the air fryer and sprinkle the fries with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve at once.